Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Goodbye for now

After graduating this past May, I have been planning a cross-country road trip and I finally leave with two fellow Colgate grads tomorrow. New Jersey to California and back. No hotels.  

There is so much pressure to get a job right after graduating. I think it's short-sighted and a negative consequence of the rat race mentality.

Colgate grads are all smart and talented people and we should be confident that we can get a job when we're ready and, if not, we'll create our own. If you want to follow our road trip shenanigans visit our blog at road-scholars.tumblr.com or follow us on twitter @roadscholars11

I've had a lot of fun writing this blog and talking to Colgate alumni and students who are passionate about entrepreneurship. Thank you to everyone who helped make this blog happen especially Andy Greenfield and Nick Kokonas. In my final year at Colgate, I noticed a new level of interest in entrepreneurship on campus which makes me excited about Colgate's future.

I'll leave you with the two op-ed pieces I wrote in my final month with the Maroon-News. While they don't directly relate to entrepreneurship, I thought you might enjoy them.

Cheers, Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment